recipe by Stephie Janel (all recipes.com)
1 cup Chocolate chips (dark – optional)
1/2 cup White Chocolate chips
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Peppermint extract or Essential oil
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips in top of a separate double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in vegetable oil and peppermint extract.
- Pour chocolate onto lined baking sheet; spread with spatula. Drizzle white chocolate over chocolate; swirl with a fork.
- Refrigerate until bark is hardened, about 1 hour.
Southwest Chicken Salad recipe
3 heads of Romaine lettuce (organic)
1-2 lbs of Grilled/Skillet chicken seasoned with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, no salt seasoning, and for a little kick add chipotle.
1 can of organic black beans
1 to 1.5 cups organic corn cooked (fresh or frozen)
Roma Tomatoes to taste
Mild or Medium Pico (if your family likes it hot add jalapeño)
Guacamole or fresh sliced avocado
Toritilla strips or chips (optional)
I like this meal without a dressing but it’s also good with a squeeze of lime.
This meal can easily be made with left over chicken or for picky eaters made as a salad with chicken on the side.
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
This great recipe is kid tested, Mom approved and SUPER EASY!!
1/4 Cup Organic Black Chia Seeds
1 Cup Organic Chocolate Almond Milk (Coconut can also be used)
Cinnamon and Vanilla to taste
Refrigerate for 1 hour, stir to break up any clumps and mix in seeds that may be sitting on surface of liquid. Refrigerate again for an hour or overnight. This Delicious treat is backed with vitamins, proteins making it a great snack or Breakfast!
* This recipe can also be made with vanilla almond or coconut milk, increase vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.